I’ve decided to start a new series of articles, called Road to SharePoint 2010. What I’m trying to achieve is to summarize what a SharePoint professional / developer must learn to smoothly transition to SharePoint 2010 when it becomes RTM. I hope that you will find it useful.
Enjoy the journey…
The Backpack: What Do I Assume?
- You are a SharePoint 2007 Administrator / Developer / Consultant with 1 or more years of experience
- You have a working knowledge of .NET Framework 3.5, Windows Server 2008 and SQL Server 2008
The Road Ahead: What Will I Post?
I will cover these topics about SharePoint 2010, with one or more posts for each main topic:
- Harware and Software Requirements
- Preparing Your Developments for the Upgrade
- What’s New for Developers: Lap Around the SharePoint API Improvements
- What’s New for Administrators: Managing SharePoint with New Tools
Warning Sign: Disclaimer
I have not signed any Microsoft Non-Disclosure Agreement for anything nor I’ve seen any non-public information about SharePoint 2010. I will base my posts on publicly available information, from Microsoft or other sources.